Sunday, 8 January 2012
Saturday, 12 February 2011
Chocolate Cake with Molten Center
You will need:
• 1/2 cup butter
• 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
• 2 eggs
• 2 egg yolks
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons flour
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees C. Butter and flour four 4 ounce ramekins or custard cups.
2. Set the bowl over simmering water, heat the butter and the chocolate until chocolate is almost completely melted.
3. Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until light colored and thick.
4. Beat together the melted chocolate and butter. While beating, slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour and mix until just combined.
5. Divide the batter between the four molds and bake at 230 degrees C for 6 to 7 minutes. The centers of the cakes will still be quite soft. Invert cakes on serving plates and let sit for about 15 seconds, then unmold. Serve immediately with fresh whipped cream, yummy.
One Bowl Brownies
You will need:
• 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
• 3/4 cup butter
• 2 cups white sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl at high setting for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
4. Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch tin. Bake for 35 minutes (do not overbake).
Recipes courtesy of Amy Atlas.
Saturday, 29 May 2010
Wednesday, 19 May 2010
Wednesday, 24 March 2010
Monday, 22 March 2010
Sunday, 21 March 2010
Always make the bed: crisply made bed makes the whole room seem more tidy, which makes it less likely that you'll let other things (ie. clothes and papers!) pile up around it.
De-clutter: before you leave a room, take a quick look around for anything that isn't where it should be. Pick it up and put it where it belongs. Make it a habit for everyone in the household to do the same.
Sort the mail: take 5 minutes each day to open, read, and sort mail as soon as it lands on your doormat! Bin the junk mail. Arrange other mail into one of three in-boxes: personal correspondence, bills, and filing.
Clean as you cook: instead of filling the sink with saucepans, plates and cups, wash them or put them in the dishwasher as you prepare a meal.
Wipe up spills as soon as they happen: whether it's tomato sauce on the kitchen floor or makeup on your dressing table, almost anything is faster and easier to remove if you do it straight away.
Sweep the kitchen floor: every evening once you've finished washing up after dinner, sweep or hoover the floor. This will keep tough-to-clean dirt and grime from building up, which will make the weekly cleaning much faster!