Chocolate Cake with Molten Center
You will need:
• 1/2 cup butter
• 4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate
• 2 eggs
• 2 egg yolks
• 1/4 cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons flour
1. Preheat oven to 230 degrees C. Butter and flour four 4 ounce ramekins or custard cups.
2. Set the bowl over simmering water, heat the butter and the chocolate until chocolate is almost completely melted.
3. Beat the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together until light colored and thick.
4. Beat together the melted chocolate and butter. While beating, slowly pour the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour and mix until just combined.
5. Divide the batter between the four molds and bake at 230 degrees C for 6 to 7 minutes. The centers of the cakes will still be quite soft. Invert cakes on serving plates and let sit for about 15 seconds, then unmold. Serve immediately with fresh whipped cream, yummy.
One Bowl Brownies
You will need:
• 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
• 3/4 cup butter
• 2 cups white sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in large bowl at high setting for 2 minutes or until butter is melted.
3. Stir until chocolate is melted. Stir in sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts.
4. Spread in greased 13 x 9 inch tin. Bake for 35 minutes (do not overbake).
Recipes courtesy of Amy Atlas.