Here are some tried and tested tips that will help you prepare and enjoy your dinner party:
1. Keep the guest list manageable - six to eight people is perfect. Remember to separate couples boy-girl-boy-girl. Whatever your seating strategy, do some planning and remember about place cards!
2. Invitations - if you want your guests to feel special, send them paper invitations. This will establish your dinner party as a must-attend event.
3. Make sure the decorations are warm and inviting - handmade napkins, candle lights, plates - make sure it's classy.
4. Buy nice wine and make sure it's flowing. Get wine suggestions based on your menu at bottlerocketwine.com
5. Make a point of uncomplicated and satisfying menu - choose a can't-miss crowd pleaser (like pasta and meatballs) to headline your menu and serve with a nice salad.
6. Dress to impress - GIRL MEETS DRESS, the ultimate boutique in recession dressing, offers choice of designer dresses to rent for a fraction of the price.
7. Relax. It's that simple. You will be surprised how affordable, stress-free and fun it can be to entertain at home.
Links I love:
Rent a dress at GIRL MEETS DRESS www.girlmeetsdress.com
Boost your kitchen confidence with tips and inspiration from the Kitchen Aid at www.kitchenaid.co.uk
Find creative and irresistible dessert ideas like Mixed Berry Gratin with Champagne Sabayon from one of my favourite chef's, James Martin at www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk
Modern and contemporary design made in design at www.madeindesign.co.uk